Monday, March 8, 2010

I have chosen the wrong path?!

This week, second week of my clinical posting in PPUKM. What do I feel? What do others feel?

Working in hospital is not a funny and nice job at all I would say. Especially in patient cases, it is so depressing. Everyday you will be seeing those almost 'half-dead' patients that only awaiting for their time to return to God. How will you feel?

Outpatient is still ok. But until today what I see is "ar, pain....pain....stop...etc etc". The patients shouted pain because of prolonged immobilisation. People already feel so sad after their illness or bad luck, and the physio still 'hurting them'. How will they feel?

When I was in my first year of study, I have already thought of this. My dream job is the type of job that allows me to wear pretty clothes, high heels, sit in air-cond room, work with pen or computer and some says" can have more chances to see those handsome guy" (haha ^^). Not such hospital-based job which I need to wear the old-fashioned "formal clothing" which is not convenient to work at all (for a physiotherapist), seeing all the old, depressed and sick patients, a working environment that is full of germs and the risk of infection is very high etc etc.

But, I am satisfied when my patients are satisfied with me. At least they will not have the feeling of hatred when they see me.

So, what should I do? The feeling of "I have chosen the wrong course" comes to my mind not the first time and does not fade until now where I am a second year student which will be a 3rd year student in this July.

However, I have completed almost half of my course. If I quit now:
1) it's a waste (??)
2) what can I do? work? or study other courses? (business related)

I do not have the guts to quit. Because if I do, I have nothing. So, currently, my decision is to continue and finish my degree. And whether I'll work as a physiotherapist or not, it all depends. After I graduate, maybe my thought will be different isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment