Monday, October 26, 2009

Interview for Monbukagakusho 2010 (undergraduates)

It was really frustrating because I think I have done badly.

Initially, I think I have done a great job but then, things changed.
One of the interviews asked: " If you get this scholarship, which university you want to be admitted?"
I answered:"I don't mind as long as the university offers the course that I want"
Then immediately he said:" This is a very wrong attitude!" bla bla bla........

I panicked. Never thought that things will go this way. And all the interviewers were staring at me. (haha,it is funny when I think back)

&$%@%(*)*~@!

I was not sure what was happening afterward. But after about 10-15minutes, the interview session ended. I went home blurred.

By the way, 20 undergrad candidates were called for interview.

Remember to:
1. reach there earlier.
2. wear formal. Guy - necktie, long sleeve shirt, pants, shoes.
Girl - slack/skirt, shirt, shoes (cover toes)
3. bring all necessary documents (original and photocopy). Arrange the original certicate in a proper manner. By the way, the interviews did not even ask for my original certificates. I went in and just put on the table. haha....

Questions asked during the interview for monbusho undergrad scholarship: just some normal questions without any tricks behind it.
1. why you choose to study in japan?
2. why you choose this course?
3. what do you know about japan?
4. what you plan to do after you finish your study in japan
5. what you want to introduce to the japanese when you reach there (culture? food?)
6. basic introduction about yourself.
7. everthing will be taught in japanese, do you think you can handle?
8. if you get this scholarship, which university you want to enroll and why.

2 comments:

  1. How many were granted with the scholarship?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah sorry for years I forgot about my blog and just managed to retrieve it back. My year of 2010 when I tried, total of 20 students made it till the interview round. About 13 students were nominated (undergraduates). Final result only 3 successfully get the scholarship~. aaa sad... And all of them are engineering course. So I guess if you want to study engineering, it may be easy for you to get the scholarship.

    ReplyDelete