Monday, October 26, 2009

Monbukagakusho 2010 (undergraduate) application and written test notification

I applied for this scholarship in March 2009 and this is the only scholarship that I get reply from the japanese government. Other scholarships that I applied, I failed either in interview or didnt get any response at all.

I can't remember the day of the test but it was in May if I was not mistaken.

The day when I received the notification letter for the written test, it was less than than 2 weeks away from the day that the test will be conducted. Preparation and study. I was lucky enough because May-June 2009 was my semester break. So I can focus.

I took natural science B: biology, chemistry, english, mathematics A. My lucky number: NSB050. The 50th student.

My way of translating the documents (1)...
--> get a certified copy or the original certificate to notary public and ask them to translate for me. This is a somewhat costly method. I translated 3 documents for about RM50.

Documents translation (2)...
Translated on my own. Ask friends for help to check for my mistakes. Take it back to my school and ask the principal to sign.

Document translation (3)...
Attach a piece of translated version of the document at the back of the certified copy. I typed the translation and sttached it without certifying the translated paper.

Document translation (4)... by a friend (not me)
On the certified copy of the document, just write the english words beside, on top, below the non-english words.

Either way that I mentioned above, they accepted it without questioning whether the translation is correct. So, go for the easiest and most convenient way. I think they never bother about the not-so-important documents that usually are not in English. Eg, your co-curricular certificates.

No comments:

Post a Comment